Friday, March 14, 2014

30 week bumpdate!


     

     Wow! 30 weeks of pregnancy has flown by!! I have been beyond fortunate to have such an easy pregnancy so far.  I feel bad because I know I complain all the time when I am around Brandon, but I know I shouldn’t. He’s so patient. A wonderful trait to have for a Daddy-to-be ;) A few ladies in my pregnancy group call me the magical unicorn of pregnancy.  I wouldn’t go THAT FAR, but I have been very fortunate. I need to remember that I have been so blessed to be able to carry my own baby, and I need to cut out the complaining…. After I explain how I have been feeling ;) Exhaustion is really starting to set in.  I guess I should assume this is normal since I am in the third trimester, and only have about 9 and a half weeks left. Holy Moly, only 9.5 weeks?!?! CRAY CRAY!! Sleep is starting to become unfamiliar.  Between my dogs trying to snuggle right next to me, and Brody practicing his intense karate moves, sleep is just not happening. I will wake up several times and can’t fall back to sleep. Thank goodness to pregnancy apps and the kindle! This is probably why I am so tired all day every day. I also know this is just the beginning of no sleep. I made it until 30 weeks without feeling too bad so I think I am pretty lucky! I KNOW Brody is going through growth spurts right now, which is expected and normal.  My insides are starting to get very uncomfortable. I feel like I can’t breathe sometimes or I feel like he is pushing into my ribs. Ouch!!! I really don’t see how he can grow in there. My torso is so small, and I think that is the reason I am getting more and more uncomfortable every week. 

     My workouts have really slowed down A LOT. For cardio, I am just walking on the treadmill on an incline at least 4 times a week, and I try to hit the weights 4 times a week as well.  I cut out ab work about a month ago because I believe I have destasis recti which is common. I just don’t want to strengthen abs if they are separated because that can cause more problems later on. I have found out the I HAVE to eat a piece of fruit or something with simple carbs before working out or I get sick/light headed. I can’t wait to get back into intense workouts once I am cleared and Brody is here.  I really need to focus on a cleaner diet since my workouts are slowing down. 

     I am beyond excited for my baby shower this weekend in Brandon’s hometown.  He lives about 2 hours from us so his Mom, Grandma, and one of my best friends, Katelyn (Brandon’s brothers girlfriend) are throwing me a shower tomorrow.  I can’t wait to see everyone, and spend time with everyone to celebrate Brody! We are spending the rest of the weekend down there.  I love his hometown.  It seems like it is in the middle of nowhere, but it is absolutely gorgeous.  I love going there, and I know Brody will enjoy spending weekends there as he is growing up.  It is every kids dream…four wheelers, dirt bikes, pool J Gotta love country livin!
Rust trying out the jogger stroller :)
My two love bugs <3

Brandon and his brother Justin years and years ago ;) I hope that Brody looks like these cuties! Precious :) :) :) 


29 week belly pic!
I originally swore I would never post belly photos like this, but this is a blog for me to look back on and remember my journey. Hope it doesn't offend anyone :) 



    Can’t wait to post updates and pictures of the shower!

                                                             Thanks for reading,
                                                                        Sarah



29 WEEKS
How far along: 29 weeks
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: Holy Moly – 15 pounds!!!
Maternity clothes: No maternity clothes…yet! Thank you workout clothes and yoga pants
Stretch marks: None so far…Holding my breath
Belly button: just flattened out!
Sleep:  What sleep? Yeah, It’s getting bad. Can’t complain too much.
Best moment this week: Hearing Brody’s heart beat on Monday! J
Worst moment this week:  Being exhausted!
Miss anything:  energy
Movement:  I feel him all the time. I love it
Cravings: FOOD
Queasy or sick: Not sick at all J

30 WEEKS

How far along: 30 weeks
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: 15-16 pounds.  Eeekk!
Maternity clothes: No maternity clothes…yet!
Stretch marks: None so far
Belly button: Just flat unless I shove my face then it pokes out!!
Sleep:  Yeah, no more deep sleeps for this Mommy-to-be!
Best moment this week: The two precious kiddos I babysit drew a huge heart on their driveway with Baby Brody on the inside.  The kids will practically be his siblings.  <3
Worst moment this week:  Getting so light headed at the gym after just walking for 20 minutes. What the heck?!
Miss anything:  pre-pregnancy body, but enjoying every moment of growing this baby
Movement:  Increasing daily!
Cravings: FOOD
Queasy or sick: Not sick at all J
Looking forward to: My shower on Saturday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment