Tuesday, March 25, 2014

31 week bumpdate!


31 week update!


Last weekend was my baby shower in Brandon’s hometown. His mom, both of his grand mothers and Katelyn (his brother’s girlfriend, one of my good friends) gave the shower.  It was so much fun!! They had the cutest decorations and delicious treats.  His Mom is so creative!!  Everything was baby blue! We absolutely loved it, and we were once again reminded how blessed we are to have such amazing friends and family! We were overwhelmed with all of the gifts.  I was not expecting to come home with an entire truck load leaving no room for his new crib and mattress that Brandon’s Mom and Dad gave us!  Brody loaded up on everything! Thank you so much to everyone who came! A special thanks to my mom and sisters Olivia and Emily for driving all the way there to spend the day with us.  Brody is going to be spoiled by everyone!

I cannot believe his due date is only 8 weeks and 1 day away!! Time is flying by. Some women say pregnancy will be the longest nine months of your life, but so far it has been the fastest nine months of my life!! I am trying to remind myself to really enjoy every moment and every kick because it will be coming to an end very soon! I can’t wait to hold him! My last appointment went great besides my doctor being a little concerned with the amount and severity of the Braxton Hicks contractions I have been experiencing.  These are what many call “fake contractions.” They are rarely uncomfortable, but it feels like my entire stomach just knots up and gets extremely tight.  They are not uncommon as long as you are not having them consistently or having too many within one hour. Thank goodness I am very good friends with an OB/GYN. I text him with questions that he probably thinks are ridiculous, but he is always so sweet and tells me what is normal and what is not. When I first found out I was pregnant I made a list of questions to ask him including, "Is it okay to use whitening mouthwash?" He reassured me it was fine, and that he has had some interesting questions before, but has never had someone with such a detailed list all the way down to mouthwash ; ) hehe I would be a nervous wreck without him, and I am so thankful to have him! 

I am still feeling well.  I am not sleeping much at all anymore. I wake up, and stay up even though he has stopped his karate practice at night. I stay so tired during the day.  I really try to stay away from coffee and have about 3 cups a week even though my doctor said having coffee daily was fine.  I’m not sure if that is what is causing the exhaustion, but either way I stay tired! I have had a few bouts of nausea after breakfast, but nothing major.  Both of these symptoms are common, and say that many first trimester symptoms can reappear in the third trimester. So I will just get use to it ;) I am also having some lower pain.  He has not gone to a fully head down position so his head is in the left side of my lower tummy, and his legs are closer to my ribs on my right side.  I have such a small torso so he just doesn’t have a lot of room so that explains the lower back pain. Oh the joys of pregnancy, but I know it is worth every backache, sleepless night, or cramp! I just can’t wait to hold him!!

How far along: 31 weeks
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: A solid 16 pounds.
Maternity clothes: No maternity clothes, and actually squeezed, literally squeezed into a pair of pre prego crop jeans the other day. Not doing that again. I could invest in a belly band, but they just don’t look comfortable since you have to leave you pants unbuttons.  I may give in, and give it a shot though!
Stretch marks: None so far, but my skin is getting so tight and itchy.  I oil up every night!
Belly button: Still flat but starting to poke out a little more.
Sleep:  What sleep? I gave that up  last week!
Best moment this week: Hearing his heartbeat.  Still makes me tear up every time I hear it.  I love it!
Worst moment this week:  Feeling absolutely exhausted everyday
Miss anything:  My pre workout supplement.  I am so tired now!
Movement:  All day, everyday J I also want to note the first time I ever felt him really move was in NYC back in December.  I was relaxing in bed at the Waldorf Astoria and felt a little twitch. That was him J
Cravings: sweets!
Queasy or sick: I have had a few mornings when I feel nauseas after breakfast. Not sure what that is about.
Looking forward to: Finishing up his nursery!

Here a bunch of photos from the shower!

                                                          My love
                                       Brandon's Mom. I love her dearly!
                          Brandon's precious Grandmas! Nana and Memaw
My Mom and her husband David <3
                         My Mom, Me, Emily, and Olivia
     Katelyn and I  <3 Thank you so much for everything you did!
 I had to post this.  This is 100% how we are. Crazy sisters! I wish my other two sisters, Bailey and Bethanney could have been there. They will be at my next shower! I am also bummed I did not get a picture with Brandon's sister, Jessica!! Brody is going to have five aunts and two uncles!
Brody's Mom ;)
                         The baby Daddy and I ;) hehe

The infamous gorgeous selfie of Emily Laurel. I have the prettiest sisters!
        The cutest diaper cake made by Aunt Katelyn ;) We love it!! 
                                          Cakes made by Kim!
                         Is it bad I want to wear this everyday?? :)
 My favorite decoration was Brandon's baby picture as well as his blue dog! I am so excited to be having a boy!!!! Some days I still can't believe we are having what we both wanted/wished for. We would have been beyond excited about a girl, but as you can see I have four sisters and Brandon's little sister is just as much as a little sister to me now so I really wanted a BOY! When we went for the gender scan he put his boy parts in the right spot, and we found out as soon as she put the scan on my belly!! One of the best moments of my life! I am still not sure how boys are, but we will figure it out together :) I hope he is just like his Daddy!
                         Yummy treats made by Brody's grandma :)
Thank you so much to everyone who came to the shower, and thank you for showering us with all of the amazing gifts! We are so blessed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment