Wednesday, January 29, 2014

24 week update!

I am 24 weeks today! Yay!!! It is so crazy knowing that I am 6 months pregnant already. I am getting more and more excited each day, and so is his Daddy! I think being able to feel Baby Brody kick is causing me to get very anxious! Is it May yet?? I had an ultrasound yesterday, and he had his hands up at his face the entire time. We were able to finally get a great profile shot of him, but not so great 3D picture.  That's okay because we are very lucky to already have about 20 pictures of him so far! My doctor (whom I love so much) said that everything looked great, and his growth is right on track. He is in the 30-something percentile, and normal is from 10-90.  My sweet friend Heather came with me to the ultrasound. I love her dearly!  I am so lucky to have the best friends and family in my life. Everyone is so supportive, and excited for Brody. :) I am up ten pounds already! It is quite crazy to see that number on the scale, but I know it is 110% worth it!  I am feeling great so far. I never thought pregnancy would be this easy.  I am a little more tired than usual, but for the most part I feel great!

I am trying to make it into the gym at least 4 times a week.  I really need to push myself to go especially as I get closer and closer to my due date. So many of my "fit-prego" friends have told me it really pays off to be active throughout the pregnancy. I am hoping it will help me bounce back after Brody arrives.  I am starting Jamie Eason's Live Fit trainer off of bodybuilding.com with my sister Olivia. I am changing the diet, and making my own since I have to consume more calories. After all, I am growing a human ;) I will post updates, and reviews on the program on this blog. The first workout was great so I hope this helps to motivate me.

I can't wait to start on Brody's nursery, and I have decided I want the colors to be gray and yellow with cute elephants! We have a few other things we want to finish up before starting that fun project.  Brandon has re-stained our kitchen cabinets, and put new appliances in our kitchen. It looks completely different, and I am so in love with it! He is the DIY King! I will post pictures once it is completely done.  I guess Brandon wants this house to be absolutely perfect before Brody comes. He is going to be such a great Daddy!


How far along: 24 weeks
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: 10 pounds!!!
Maternity clothes: Just rocking a few pair of jeans that  still fit, but sticking to leggings and comfy shirts. Anything warm!!!
Stretch marks: None yet!
Belly button: Still normal, but I don't think that will last much longer
Sleep:  It's alright. Battling some kind of cold so that is keeping me up a lot
Best moment this week: Being able to see my sweet boy on the screen move around at the ultrasound. My sweet friend Heather came with me. I am so lucky to have the best friends in the world!
Worst moment this week:  This cold ....that continues to linger
Miss anything: Intense cardio. My doctor told me to not get to the point of being out of breath.
Movement: Only when I am still. I have an anterior placenta so the movement is very cushioned.  I'm not complaining ;)
Cravings: Food. Really anything and everything that is not healthy. Any kind of dessert!
Queasy or sick: Feeling great! I have been so lucky.  I am a little more tired than usual, but I was not expecting pregnancy to be this easy and fun :)
Looking forward to: Picking out Brody's middle name, and of course I can't wait for May!...and warm weather!!!!



Here are a few photos :)

Baby Brody's profile at 23 weeks and 6 days!









23 weeks! Finally, a REAL  bump!




Brody at his 20 week anatomy scan. He is a little wiggler!
I can't leave my sweet fur babies out. This is Rusty!
This is my sweet cuddly fur ball, Hudson!

Thank you for stopping by :) I will post again with in the next few days!

-Sarah 






No comments:

Post a Comment